Uncategorized

Millionaire speed dating in Cork Ireland

They all died from carbon monoxide poisoning after accidentally turning on the grill instead of the oven.

Kevin Branton, 32, and Richard Smith, 30, from Saltash, Cornwall, died on November 13, , passing away after inhaling too much of the deadly gas which was released by the cooker. Cornwall Coroner's Court has heard that if the grill was used with the door shut, fatal levels of poisonous gas built up due to a design fault with a rubber seal around the door.

The household appliances were manufactured in Turkey by Arcelik and have been linked to 18 deaths in the UK and Ireland from carbon monoxide poisoning. A total of 60, Arcelik cookers were affected by the design fault and half were sold in the UK under its Beko brand, and the rest under its Glen Dimplex brand.

The inquest heard evidence that Beko, which is Britain's number one selling appliance brand, knew the cookers posed a 'serious risk' to health but ignored the problem for several weeks.


  1. The humanity..
  2. Horse Racing Wettquoten | Auf Horse Racing wetten!| Betfair.
  3. city dating site in Rathmines Ireland;
  4. Buy one of our coaching packages and meet the perfect one for you.
  5. Neu bei Betfair?.
  6. Quicklinks?

Beko was first told by the Irish authorities on November 13 of the death of Alexis Landry in Co Cork earlier that month after using a Glen Dimplex cooker. Arcelik started testing all gas cooker model types on November 19 and then on December 2 provided Beko with a list of affected models. On December 1, Beko also learned that a coroner was investigating the deaths of pensioners Boris and Vilma Green in Doncaster two weeks after Mr Landry.

In legal submissions, barrister Rob Harland, representing the families of Mr Smith, Mr Branton and the Cooks, invited assistant Cornwall coroner Geraint Williams to record an unlawful killing conclusion. Alfred Cook, 90, who was also known to friends as John, and his year-old wife Audrey were two of the people killed by carbon monoxide poisoning from the faulty cooker in Camborne. Mr Harland said from early December Beko should have taken steps to prevent further sales of its cookers in the UK, which would have stopped Mr Smith's father, Brian, buying his son the cooker on December We say that because it is not only when Beko was aware of the problem they should have acted but they had plenty of opportunities after that.

Ben Compton QC, representing Beko, suggested to the coroner that the 'high bar' for recording a verdict of unlawful killing was not met in this case. The inquest at Cornwall Coroner's Court heard Beko did not notify trading standards of all deaths related to ovens, while one expert said it was 'obvious,' that it 'wasn't a safe product'. He said the time frame the coroner was dealing with was 'very short' and included Christmas and the new year period. Simply saying it could possibly have been stopped isn't sufficient.

Mr Compton added: 'One of the extraordinary aspects of this case is that these cookers had been out in the field since , many thousands of them, and it is quite extraordinary and without explanation that we have this cluster within a short period of time.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline.

To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy. Argos AO. Families of five people killed by faulty Beko cookers urge coroner to rule their carbon-monoxide deaths 'unlawful killings' Five people have died after accidentally turning on Beko grill instead of the oven John, Audrey and Maureen Cook died in their static caravan in Camborne Friends Richard Smith and Kevin Branton died in Saltash in November Beko knew the cookers posed a 'serious risk' but ignored the problem for weeks By Sabi Phagura for MailOnline Published: GMT, 20 November Updated: GMT, 21 November e-mail 20 shares.

Share this article Share. Journal Media does not control and is not responsible for the content of external websites. Switch to Mobile Site. Sites: TheJournal. We went speed-dating in Valentine's week. Here's 7 things we learned My News. Personalise your news feed by choosing your favourite topics of interest.

Coroner urged to rule carbon-monoxide deaths 'unlawful killings' by victims families

Create your own newsfeed. Irish News. Create my newsfeed. Open journalism No news is bad news Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you. Newsletters Podcasts More.

Dating with Confidence

Weekly Podcast. The Explainer is a weekly podcast from TheJournal. Listen now wherever you get your podcasts. Newsletters : Sign Up. Partner Publications. The latest Irish and international sports news for readers and members. A platform helping fund the type of in-depth journalism that the public wants to see.

We went speed-dating in Valentine's week. Here's 7 things we learned

The humanity. Wow, this is a long preamble. That said… 2. Short URL. Fallon Sherrock.

We went speed-dating in Valentine's week. Here's 7 things we learned...

Fabio Quartararo. Snooker ace Mark Williams targeted by fraudsters who go on mass spending spree Snooker Three-time snooker world champion Mark Williams was in a Wetherspoon pub when he found he had fallen victim to fraudsters who bought trainers, takeaways and shopping with his cash.

Ronnie O'Sullivan's comments come back to haunt him as year-old secures shock win Ronnie Osullivan. Conor Benn nearly quit boxing for old job decorating but is now eyeing up world titles Boxing. Michael van Gerwen. US Election. Rugby league is killing itself - Super League chiefs are just as self-indulgent as football's Rugby league.

Leeds star Luke Gale urges Super League chiefs to end season and go straight to play-offs Rugby league. Rugby League. Other Sports. Sport all Most Read Most Recent. Jamie Carragher Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher admits the dirtiest player he played with was 'baby-faced' Michael Owen. West Ham FC West Ham vice-captain Declan Rice has been linked with a move to Chelsea in recent months, just six years after being released from the Blues' academy as a youngster.